Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sharing the Joy! 1-31-16

I talked to an older man and woman in the Visitor's Center yesterday who were friends with each other. She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and he was Lutheran. As I visited with them, I sensed that he really wanted to learn about our Church, but every time I made a comment the woman would discount it or change the subject. At the end of our tour she finally admitted that they had agreed not to try to convert each other. I laughed and said, "But I didn't make that agreement!"

I then asked him if he would like a copy of the Book of Mormon, and he said "Yes!" Sometimes we can feel so apologetic and afraid we might offend someone that we fail to share the magnificent message of the restored gospel! Actually our message cannot offend earnest truth seekers if we invite them through the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment