Sunday, September 27, 2015

Missionary Moments. 9-27-15

I have such a strong testimony of the Lord's promise in D&C 84:85, which I read this week in studying Preach My Gospel.

"Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." --D&C 84:85

Late Tuesday night a member of the mission presidency called and asked if I would help at the 7:30 am missionary training meeting with a role play on missionary response to the question: why were the saints persecuted and driven out of Nauvoo?

I was too tired to think and didn't have any ideas. The next morning I pled with the Lord to bring to my mind and lips the things I should say. Literally a minute or two before my presentation I was flooded with an insight I had never before considered. With the Lord's help I was able to share it with conviction and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment